Research and Education Center of Mathematics and Cybernetics (RECMC) was created in 2013 on the basis of the Department of Higher Mathematics and Cybernetics. RECMC trains specialists in the field of “Mathematical and computer modeling”.
For further training in the field of “Mathematical and computer modeling” Master courses are in the planning stage at RECMC. For further independent research there is a doctoral programme on similar specialty at university. The Dissertation Council for doctoral theses on the specialty “Mathematical and computer modeling” and “Information” functions at our university.
The aim of the faculty - to teach students:
- • to build a mathematical model of a technical or economic problem
- • to check adequacy of the constructed mathematical model
- • to solve the obtained mathematical problem
- • to apply the attained results to forecasting
In this direction the department seeks for improvement of the quality of educational process by introduction of modern methods and techniques of training, updating and creation of the new mathematical courses considering requirements of the developing oil and gas branch of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The instructors of RECMC deliver basic mathematical disciplines at all faculties of KBTU. Scientific and educational center provides students of KBTU with fundamental mathematical knowledge.
Our teachers are managers and performers of grants for MES of RK:
- • Optimization of development of uranium and hydrocarbonic fields
• Creating a hierarchy of numerical models of multi-scale geophysical processes and development on this basis of specialized algorithms and the software for high-performance computing systems with parallel architecture of hybrid type
• Differential equations on graphs and stratified sets
• Development of a technique for mapping cavernous fractured reservoirs and forecast of filtration-capacitive properties on the basis of use of multi-component seismic/acoustic data of different spatial and temporal scales (surface seismic - vsp - acoustic logging)