KBTU is opening the first intake for the brand new Master's Program "Applied Software Engineering".
Educational Format: Modular
Tuition fees for the whole period of study 8 400 000 tg.
State grants on Educational Research and also KBTU grants are awarded to the Master`s students of Specialized Education.Application period: 1-29 July 2016.
Master's programme is a combination of semester courses, alternating with 2-3 weeks long modules. Besides theoretical knowledge students obtain practical skills working on real life projects.
Missions and aims:
Increasing competitiveness of kazakh professionals for large manufacturing companies
Introducing new type of Master's program, that focuses on experience-based learning on real projects of different companies
Advantages of the program:
• Unique program, that combines theoretical knowledge and practical skills;
• Supervising by major vendor-companies;
• Real projects' development of big companies, such as "Kazatomprom", "KazTransGaz", "Kazakhstan Temir Zholy", "Halyk Bank" etc.;
• Preparation of professionals with specialisation in Web development;
• Training in the latest technological innovations, including cloud technology, mobile applications and recent advances in web programming;
• Highly qualified teaching staff, developers of software programs from Oracle, IBM, Microsoft, Redhat;
• Industrial certificates from world leading software development companies;
• Job with a high salary after graduation.
Duration of the program: 15 months (4 semesters)
52 credits for the overall course.
After the full completion of the theoretical component master students start the final part of their studying, which includes the following components:
• Professional Internship in a company
• Experimental Research
• Comprehensive Exam
• Dissertation Defence (diploma project)
• hold a bachelor degree in "Information systems", "Automation and control", "Computing and software", and other related specialisations;
• have a basic knowledge in web technologies, databases, object oriented technologies, queries etc.
• have a good level of English