The master program "Oil and Gas Business" carries out preparation of highly qualified and in demand specialists for the oil and gas industry. Postgraduate students of the Oil and gas engineering department will gain a wide range of knowledge, while passing through the course. Graduates can work in various areas of the petroleum industry such as: exploration, drilling, production and transportation of hydrocarbon raw materials, development of oil and gas fields, wells logging, and also environmental protection of the enterprises of oil and gas sector.
• General disciplines
• Geology of oil and gas fields
• Modern drilling methods
• Petroleum production
• Development of oil and gas fields
• Reservoir modeling (Petrel, Eclipse)
• Hydrodynamic researches of wells (Saphire)
• Methods of raising oil recovery and intensification of production
• Economy and management in petroleum industry
• + master dissertation
ADVANTAGES OF MASTER PROGRAM "OIL AND GAS BUSINESS
Duration – 1 yearYou will study the full set of necessary disciplines for acquiring Master of Science degree in oil and gas business only in a single year.
StaffCourses are conducted by the Kazakhstani and foreign professors of our partner universities in Russia and EU, who have a wide experience in petroleum industry.
Individual approachEach graduate student can choose a topic of dissertation according to their professional activity and personal preferences. Groups are formed to perform research directed by various petroleum companies.
Classes are held as modules in the eveningThe convenient schedule will allow students to combine education and work.
Teaching according to programs of western HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONSClasses take place using materials of such HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS as Stanford University, Herriot-Watt University and The Russian State University of Oil and Gas named after Gubkin and Tyumen State Oil and Gas University.
Modern level of infrastructure, technologies and methods of educationalKBTU has many opportunities for teaching students, including special requirements of different petroleum enterprises:
• laboratories equipped with the modern software – Landmark, Schlumberger, Paradigm, DrillSim
• oil-field chemistry and protection against corrosion laboratory
• drilling equipment laboratory
• drilling oil and gas wells laboratory
• oil and gas fields development laboratory
• "Invensys" Laboratory
DrillSim drilling simulatorDrillSim-5 and DrillSim-20 will allow students to receive practical skills of all types of work which are performed on drilling rig. On the machine you can learn 'Run in Hole' and 'Put out of hole' (RIH and POOH) operations, drilling, well control, killing of a well and well completion after work-over.
Tuition FeeThe tuition fee for program was optimized according to the situation in the market and provides discounts for graduates of KBTU and excellent students.
ADMISSIONS and DOCUMENT SUBMISSION
Documents are submitted from July 1 to July 30 to the following address:Almaty, Tole Bi street., 59, office 332.
Admissions assessment is from1st - 20th August including the following disciplines:• English
• Disciplines of specialty (geology, drilling, production)
List of required documents:• notarized copies of the higher education diploma with supplements
• personal form of personnel record
• 6 photographs (3х4)
• copy of the identity card
• copy of the labor book (if any)
• medical certificate No. 086- У
• recommendation letter
• copy of certifies: TOEFL>560 or IELTS> 6.0
Contact details:Address: Almaty, Tole Bi St., 59, 332 cab.
Phone: +7 (727) 2725615, 2725129
Email: n.zhumahanova @kbtu.kz