1. Unified National Testing or Integrated Testing:
Total score for the Common National Testing:
• For the Business School, the Faculty of Information Technology, and the Research and education Center of Mathematics and Cybernetics the total score should be no less than 50 points;
• For the International school of Economics and Kazakhstan Maritime Academy the total score should be no less than 50 points.
Unified National Testing is organized for the graduates of educational institutions who have completed the general education programs of general secondary education in the current year, and also for the graduates of general education schools with no-Russian or Kazakh language of instruction; the graduates of republican music boarding schools who are willing to enter the University in this year.
Integrated testing is organized for graduates of educational institutions who have completed the general education programs of general secondary education in the previous years;graduates of institutions of technical and professional (primary and secondary professional) education; graduates of comprehensive schools who have studied abroad through a student international exchange program and also for individuals who graduated an educational institution abroad.
Major subjects for entering the Business School (BS) and the International School of Economics (ISE) are Mathematics and Geography;
Major subjects for entering the faculty of Information Technology (FIT), the Research and education Center of Mathematics and Cybernetics (MC REC), the Kazakhstan Maritime Academy (КМА) are Mathematics and Physics.
List of the necessary documents to take the integrated testing.
- Application on a pre-printed form of a standard issue;
- Certificate or diploma of primary professional (technical and professional) or secondary educational institution (original);
- Document evidencing the priority right to be awarded with the state educational grant;
- 3x4 photographs (8 pieces)
- Medical certificate form №086-У (nonresident applicants need to obtain the certificate from the city's student clinics, Bukhar Zhyrau avenue,14 (the corner of Markov St.); a certificate of vaccination form №063
- Applicant's identity card (original and 2 copies);
- Receipt of payment for participation in comprehensive testing .
2. In the absence of IELTS certificate it is necessary to take a complete diagnostic test in the English language.
If an applicant has IELTS certificate, he/she does not need to take the test. The University accepts IELTS certificates issued by British Council and Interpress.
Overall pass rate on the results of KELET (English language diagnostic test)/IELTS score, which is required to be enrolled on a paid basis and to be awarded with the state educational grant, is the following:
- to enter Business School, the Faculty of Information Technology, and the Research and education Center of Mathematics and Cybernetics - at least IELTS band 4,5 ( KELET 3,0 points);
- to enter Kazakhstan Maritime Academy - at least IELTS band 5,5 (with no lower than IELTS band 5.0 in each section);
- to enter International school of Economics - at least IELTS band 5,5 (with no lower than IELTS band 5.0 in each section).
An applicant, whose English language test score is lower than the required level can take an Intensive programme on the English language at KBTU and improve their level of English language skills till the end of the admission period or they may also enter KBTU and take "Foundation English" programme.
Submission of documents for enrollment
A list of necessary documents to be submitted both by students applying for the state educational grant and those intending to self-finance their study:
- Application according to a required form
- Certificate of Education (original)
- Certificate of Unified National Testing - UNT or Integrated Testing - IT (original)
- Document confirming the priority right to receive the state educational grant (if available)
- 3x4 photographs (8 pieces)
- Medical certificate form №086-У (nonresident applicants need to obtain the certificate from the city's student clinics,Bukhar Zhyrau avenue,14 (the corner of Markov St.), a certificate of vaccination form №063 or a Health Passport (copy)
- Fluorography picture with the doctor's conclusion
- IELTS certificate (British Council or Interpress) still valid, or the results of KBTU English language entry test (KELET)
- Identity card (original and copy)
- Military Registration certificate (for young men)
4. Dates of documents' submission
• from the day of obtaining UNT/IT certificate till 18th August –documents submission forstudents intending to self-finance their study
• from st June to 20th June –submission of application forms for participation in integrated testing
• from 17th July to 23rd July –integrated testing
• from 23rd July to 31st July– submission of documents for applying for the state educational grant
• from 1st August to 8th August– submission of documents for retaking UNT/IT
• from 19th August to 24th August–retaking UNT/IT
• from 10th August to 28th August - enrolling applicants
KBTU Admission Board:
Almaty city, Tole bi street, 59 (corner of Abylai Khan street). The building is located on the square of Astana.
The main entrance is on the Tole bi street, 1st floor, office №153
Open hours: Mon-Fri from 9:00 to 18:00, 13:00 - 14:00 lunch time