The degree program PhD (Philosophical Doctor) in the best technical university of Kazakhstan - KBTU. There are both state and internal grants KBTU.
Admission to PhD Programs is competitive and based on results of entrance exams:
- 1. Language competence (English)
- 2. Area of specialization
- • Citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan who have an international certificate on a completed language test (English), are exempt from an entrance language exam
• Admission information is announced through mass media at least fifteen (15) calendar days before admission date
• Having a master’s degree
• Scientific achievements (scientific publications, reports, and presentations at international and republic scientific conferences, etc.)
• Admission Committee carries out admission and entrance exams
• The chair of the Admission Committee is Rector of the university
• Rector of the University approves members of Admission Committee
Documents required for Admission to KBTU PhD Programs
Persons, entering PhD Programs Department, should submit the following documents to the Admission Committee of KBTU:
• Application addressed to the Rector of university (sample)
• Certified Copies of education sertificates (for foreigners: a notarized copy of the diploma and transcript, translated into Kazakh or Russian);
• Personnel record card and document confirming working experience or career (if any)
• Photocopy of ID Card
• Photocopy of international English test certificates. Citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan who have an international certificate on a completed language test (English) of following programs:
- TOEFL ITP – no less 460
- TOEFL IBT – no less 87
- TOEFL– no less 560
- IELTS – no less 6.0
are exempt from an entrance language exam. Term of certificates of international TOEFL IELTS exams are 2 years from the date of their passing.
• Outline of thesis research agreed with local or international scientific supervisor adviser
• List of research or methodological publications (if any)
• Two reference letters from local or international scientific supervisor adviser/organizations
• Original health certificate of 086-У
• Six photos(size: 3x4)
Original documents should be submitted for admission returned to the applicant at the end of the verification process.
Applicants should have an interview in the corresponding Departments of KBTU to identify their scientific potential and readiness to do a scientific research. The results of the interview taken into consideration by the Admission Committee for entering PhD Programs Department.