The mission of the Service of patent information work (SPI):(SPI): the Provision of organizational and information services on the protection of intellectual property.
The main objective of the activity (SPI):
- assessment of patentability of scientific and technological achievements;
- the preparation of applications for grant protection for inventions, utility models, industrial designs;
- the procedure of foreign patenting;
- carrying out of patent research;
- to assess and ensure the competitiveness of products and services;
- Registration software.
- identifying protectable and those created in the process of examination of objects of industrial property (inventions, useful models, know-how);
- examination materials and submission of applications for the grant of patents for objects of industrial property law;
- facilitate the conclusion of license contracts for the use of development of the University;
- access to necessary informational resources on intellectual property;
What is intellectual property? Intellectual property is legally protected results of intellectual activity and means of individualization. The author of result of intellectual activity (RIA) is a citizen whose creative work resulted in this result. To patent an invention, utility model or industrial design shall the author or group of authors – individuals or legal entity (including an employer in relation to the author), to which was transferred the exclusive right on the basis of the contract. Natural or legal person in whose name the patent is issued, the patentee is the owner of exclusive rights to intellectual property (rights of use, disposition, prohibition of use by others).
The patenting process and its stages Patenting can be divided into 4 stages:
1. Preparing an application for a patent and filing an application with the patent office.
2. The formal examination.
3. The conduct of the examination on the merits.
4. The grant of the patent.