Security service is a structural subdivision of Kazakh-British Technical University.
The objectives of the Security service:
- to ensure university's property protection, peacekeeping and safety at the KBTU premises;
- to monitor public peace and internal regulations at KBTU;
- to identify dangers and vulnerable points in protection of KBTU's property and to take actions towards reinforcing and protecting it;
- to administrate fight against terrorism within the scope of powers of the Security service;
- to ensure KBTU’s compliance with requirements and regulations of Kazakhstan’s law on technical security, protection of labour, civil defense and emergency situations.
Security service performs the following functions:
- organization of pass and internal security policy at the premises and providing compliance with the procedures;
- monitoring compliance with regulations of internal control at KBTU for public safety;
- taking measures towards ensuring KBTU’s compliance with requirements and regulations on technical security, protection of labour, civil defense, emergency situations, fire safety and labour health identified by the law of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- enforcement of KBTU’s compliance with the requirements and regulations on civil defense and emergency situations identified by the law of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- conducting work regarding military registration and removal from military registration of workers and students of KBTU;
- development of action plans for organization and implementation of secure system of university safety;
- development of suggestions, recommendations, regulatory documents and instructions for the work of the Security Service, as well as recommending the above-mentioned for approval in accordance with the established procedures;
- analysis of Security Service work and development of measures towards enhancing the work of Security Service;
- participation in considering letters, complaints, and claims in regards to the Service’s competencies, corrective measure implementation identified during internal investigation;
- conducting agency checks related to the disturbance of public peace and internals rules of conduct by the order of the Rector;
- rendering help to other departments of KBTU during socially significant mass cultural and sport events with the participation of KBTU students, faculty and staff. Ensuring safety and security during these events;
- cooperation with the government agencies, local executive authorities and other related organizations;
- organization and conducting meeting regarding the work of the Security Service;
- preparation of directory information, documents and other types of information upon the request of the Rector, administration and other external organizations (subject to approval) and record keeping of the Security Service work;
- compilation of annual plans and reports regarding the work of the Security Service and presenting these documents for approval in accordance with the established procedure;
- decision implementation of orders and Rector’s instructions, and other functions as required by the law and regulatory enactments of KBTU.