Department for Maintenance of IT Infrastructure
Department for Maintenance of IT Infrastructure (hereafter – DMITI) is a structural division of JSC “Kazakh-British Technical University” (hereafter – KBTU or the University) has been created for work in the field of information technologies.
The Department is lead by the director of DMITI that is appointed to this position and dismissed by the order of Rector.
In its activities the Department is submitted to Vice Rector for Academic and Information Technologies.
The Department is guided by the following regulations:
- Current legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- The Charter of KBTU;
- Orders and decisions of KBTU bodies;
- The policy and objectives of JSC “KBTU” on quality assurance and other corresponding documents of KBTU;
- Documents of KBTU on the management system related to professional safety and health;
- Current Regulation on the Department and other internal documents of KBTU.
The following main objectives are set for the Department:
• Developing the policy and strategy of KBTU in the field of information technologies.
• Ensuring a compliance of KBTU information technologies with contemporary requirements of a leading higher education institution.
• Implementing new information technologies in educational process and business processes of KBTU.
• Developing high-productive computer calculations and information systems.
• Involving students of KBTU to the development of information systems and maintenance of information technologies of KBTU infrastructure in terms of training qualified IT specialists.
The Department fulfills the following functions:
• Developing and implementing strategic programs of KBTU informatization and pursuing a single technical policy in the field of acquiring and operating hardware and software of PC and computer networks.
• Generating ideas and offers on the need of developing or acquiring ready software products that are necessary for automation of educational and other business processes of KBTU and submitting them to the management of KBTU.
• Making budget and estimates of expected expenses for the development of KBTU information technologies and submitting them for approval in accordance with the established procedure.
• Designing intra-university computer network: project development, planning cable system, configuring an active network equipment, monitoring and network administration.
• Administration and support of all-university server hardware for continuous work of the university.
• Permanent maintenance of computers and computer devices and/or organization of warranty and non-warranty repair of computer equipment by suppliers.
• Information and technical support for KBTU users.
• Accounting and monitoring the efficiency of using KBTU Computer Park.
• Technical implementation of strategic programs of KBTU informatization and a single technical policy in the field of acquiring and operating hardware and software of PC and computer networks.
• Development of KBTU in the field of high-productive computer calculations.
• Administration and a technical support of a supercomputer. Training of staff in terms of rendering technical support of a supercomputer.
• Developing the projects of KBTU regulatory documents concerning Department activities and their submission for approval by administrative staff of KBTU.
• Generating reports, letters and other information regarding the issues of Department activities.
• Developing annual plans of actions and reports on Department activities and submitting them for approval in accordance with the established procedure.
• Fulfillment of other functions stipulated by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan and regulatory documents of KBTU.
The Department bears its responsibility for fulfilling the objectives and functions prescribed by this provision including the following:
- qualitative and urgent execution of tasks;
- correctness and completeness of exercising delegated powers;
- meeting commitments in the field of quality and requirements stated in the documents of Quality Assurance, Professional Safety and Health;
- due notice of administrative staff of the University on fulfillment of assigned functions.
The Department is entitled to:
• request and receive documents and information from structural divisions of KBTU that are necessary for fulfilling department functions and delegated powers;
• interact with authorities, third parties and individuals in accordance with the established procedure on the issues that are within the competence of the Department;
• make offers to the supervising Vice Rectors of KBTU on issues related to:
- upgrading the structure of the Department;
- signing agreements and contracts for carrying out research and development;
- developing and upgrading scientific, material and technical resources of the Department and KBTU.
Interaction with other structural divisions
In terms of implementing its activities the Department:
- interacts with other structural divisions of the University and provides a necessary information;
- approves drafts of designed regulatory documents concerning department activities with the heads of interested structural divisions and officials of the University;
- in coordination with administrative staff of the University involves employees of KBTU structural divisions to implement the arrangements that are organized by the Department and that require a participation of other structural divisions.
Department for Maintenance of IT Infrastructure