The Information Systems program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET .
Major 5B070300 Information Systems is conferred as the best academic program according to the national ranking 2012 by National Accreditation Center of the Ministry of Education & Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan
The program is dedicated for ones who wants to be fluent in modern methods of software development, network technologies of different scale and management information systems for different purposes
Program Educational Objectives are broad statements that describe the career and professional accomplishments that the program is preparing graduates to achieve.
Within three to five years of obtaining a bachelor's degree in Information Systems at Kazakh-British Technical University, we expect our graduates to achieve all or most of the following milestones in that they will be:
- experts in the field of Information Systems with a comprehensive understanding of the role of IS, who can work effectively in a variety of different industries and sectors and challenging IS environments;
- highly qualified specialists and competent, committed and capable members and leaders of system development and implementation teams, capable of functioning professionally and independently as they apply the conceptual knowledge and skills they have gained during their stints at KBTU as well as later on in their careers in designing, developing, and integrating information systems both for private and public sector organizations;
- technology pioneers who apply their conceptual knowledge and engineering skills to the design, development and delivery of state-of-the-art IS suites and perhaps who even go on to become entrepreneurs by successfully launching startups that add value to the economy and provide employment opportunities to others, thereby benefiting society at large;
- lifelong learners who in a formal sense will go on to enroll in, and successfully graduate from, more advanced graduate and professional education and certification programs that are nationally and/or internationally recognized in engineering, science or business, and who, more informally, are and will remain wise enough to diagnose, analyze and remedy the gaps or deficits in their own knowledge bases over time by gleaning what they can from the environment on their own.
Student Outcomes are narrower statements that describe what students are expected to know and be able to do by the time of graduation. These relate to the skills, knowledge, and behaviors that students acquire in their matriculation through the program.
To Understand – To understand principles of models, and methods and how they are applied in the process of Information Systems design, analysis, development, and evolution. An understanding that knowledge on information systems design and development should be applied in an ethically responsible manner for the good of society.
To Question – To critically evaluate alternate assumptions, approaches, procedures, tradeoffs, and results related to the problems of information systems development and integration problems.
To Design – To design and develop information systems and their components including computer programs, database systems, websites, with security considerations in mind while applying professional principles and standards.
To Lead – To lead teams of project designers and developers and to participate in the various roles in a team and understand how they contribute to accomplishing the task at hand.
To Communicate – To use written and oral communications to document work and present project results and have a high proficiency level in English.
- Introduction to Computer Science
- Programming Technologies
- Higher Mathematics I, II
- English I,II
- Physics I
- Introduction to Business Management
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Object-oriented Programming
- Foundations of Web Programming
- Linear algebra
- Digital Design
- Discrete Math (IT-oriented)
- Electives (2 courses)
- Basics of Information Systems
- Fundamentals of Business for Information Systems
- Theory of probability and math. statistic
- Computer Networks
- Architecture of Computer Systems
- Information Security
- Web Technologies
- Field Projects for Information Systems
- Fundamentals of Computer Modeling
- Electives (3 courses)
- Project Management for Information Systems
- Health and labor safety
- Electives (3 courses and 2 courses from the IS environment)
- EC ZyXEL Certified Network Engineer
- Oracle Business Intelligence
- E-commerce and e-business (IOS)
- Audit and Compliance in IS
- Innovation and Tech.Management and Entrepreneurship
- Microsoft ASP.Net Application Development
- Imitation Modeling
- Internal Controls in Business Processes
- Basics of Secure Network Programming
- Developing Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Core Solutions
- Microsoft .NET Framework Application Development Foundations
- IBM DB2 10: Basic Administration for Windows
- Information systems for business
Annual Student Enrollment and Graduation Data
Academic Year Enrollment Graduation 2011-2012 81 36 2012-2013 37 57 2013-2014 35 51 2014-2015 32 47 2015-2016 42 -
Success of our graduates for several years has demonstrated their high caliber and quality education they possess in IT. Within their professional portfolio one can also find such qualities as broad minded outlook, professional knowledge and practical skills, analytical thinking and effective teamwork. We sincerely hope that our students will maintain the same level and succeed further in conquering the heights of professionalism and excellence.
Ask us about the program
Please ask a question and we will call you back. Also more information could be found in "FAQ"