"The mind is not a vessel to be filled,
but a fire to be ignited"
The International Department of KBTU is the University unit primarily responsible for ensuring that the University as a whole is aligned with international standards. This is accomplished through a number of strategies and initiatives, among them: internal adherence to higher levels of international criteria; continuous development of international cooperation programs; and ongoing efforts to ensure KBTU is recognized and respected in the global post-secondary education sector.
The following are among the priorities of the International Department:
- Sustainable performance of KBTU in the world educational process and universities’ ranking
- Organisation of international cooperative initiatives on behalf of the University and its departments
- Organisation of initiatives to enhance the international competence of the teaching staff and scientific and methodological potential of KBTU
The main functions of the International Department include:
- Development and implementation of KBTU Quality Policy and Quality Goals
- Management, development, and improvement of the Quality Management System
- Improvement of the competitiveness of KBTU at the national and international levels
- Preparation for KBTU’s participation in the system of World Rankings of Universities
- Organisation of activities to ensure compliance of training and educational KBTU programs with international standards, as well as compliance with criteria for international accreditation
- Organisation of cooperative efforts with foreign partners of the University, including organisation of international conferences, seminars, symposia, etc.
- Organisation of two-diploma programs and international student exchange programs
- Working with university partners of KBTU