The MS in Supply Chain & Project Management program provides a state-of-the-art education that enhances students' knowledge and experience and prepares them for successful careers in various areas. The program is designed for graduates entering the industry and professionals currently working but desiring to enhance their skills and qualifications. The program is multi-disciplinary in nature and covers a mix of principal and advanced facets of supply chain and project management across different industry sectors. The program partners with globally recognized international institutes and draws international faculty with high academic qualifications and global professional experience.
It is the only program in the CIS region seeking the Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation.
ADVANTAGES OF MS IN SC&PM PROGRAM
• Study and work concurrently - integrating your experience and widening your business horizons
• Eligibility for students and alumni to apply for student and professional membership of the Project Management Institute (PMI)
• Knowledge & skills necessary to take exams for global professional certifications (like CAPM®, PMP®, IPMA Levels, PRINCE2®)
• Save 800-1000 US dollars in preparing for the above professional certification exams
The program content is designed in adherence to the best practices, standards and competences set by Project Management Institute (PMI, http://www.pmi.org/ ) and International Project Management Association (IPMA, http://ipma.ch/ )
BLOOMBERG FINANCIAL LAB
• KBTU is the 1st university in Kazakhstan to install Bloomberg Professional, a global platform for real-time data and analytics used worldwide by business professionals for investment opportunities.
• The Bloomberg Financial Lab’s main goal is to help our students, faculty and researchers advance in the field of finance, economics, supply chain and project management using real-life cases, actual data and advanced analytics on global financial markets, macroeconomics, and companies all over the world.
The mission of MS in Supply Chain & Project Management program is to provide students with best practice, knowledge and skills necessary for their successful careers in Supply Chain and Project Management. This is achieved through a blend of practical and academic multi-disciplinary approaches to learning.
To serve its mission, the overall goals of MS in Supply Chain & Project Management program are:
• to prepare professionals who will effectively manage supply chains and projects to transform organizations in Kazakhstan and the region;
• to nurture in our students the highest level of integrity and ethics and an understanding of their critical importance for the Supply Chain and Project Management profession.
To achieve its goals, the MS in Supply Chain & Project Management program seeks accomplishing the following focused objectives:
• Knowledge: Equip students with fundamental concepts, theories, principles, and best practices of Supply Chain and Project Management necessary to increase performance of businesses operations in a change environment.
• Solving & Thinking: Develop critical and analytical problem solving and transferrable skills for effective decision making and dealing with increasing uncertainty in complex business chains and projects.
• Path Breaking & Implementation: Develop path breaking and implementation process skills which are based on inter-disciplinary and issue-based learning for their effective application in Supply Chain and Project Management roles.
• Integration & Environment: Nurture in our students the core competencies, ethics, social and professional responsibilities for successful managing of teams, changes, risks, cultural diversity, communication, cooperation and for effective interaction with stakeholders in supply chain and project environments.
• Language of Instruction: English only
• Delivery Mode: On-Campus and Distance Learning
• Starting day: September 29, 2016 (Degree program)
• Duration: 13 months
• Tuition Fee : 1 350 000–2 250 000 KZT*
* Grants and discounts are available to candidates with strong application and KBTU graduates / employees
The program consists of 4 core courses (165 contact hours), 8 specialization courses (390 contact hours) and an internship, research work, and comprehensive state exam (all 12 credits). The program total: 49 credits.
Specific course requirements for the MS in Supply Chain & Project Management program are as follows:
|Professional Body of Knowledge & Standards||3|
|Project Management Technology||3|
|Project Planning, Execution & Control||3|
|Term Practice with MS Project||3|
|Risk Analysis & Management||3|
|Supply Chain Management||3|
|Transportation & International Logistics||3|
|Strategic Project Management & Finance||3|
|Globalization and Strategic Competitiveness||4|
Internship, Research Work, and Comprehensive State Exam
|Comprehensive State Exam||1|
The MS in Supply Chain & Project Management is interdisciplinary program that enables you to cross different sectors and industries and position yourself in roles in specialist areas like Supply Chain Management, Project Management, Logistics & Transportation, Sales & Marketing, Engineering & Development, Contracting and Procurement, Operation as Management, Risk Management, Project Finance and Facilities Management.
The demand for Supply Chain and Project Management specialists, especially those with a graduate degree in the field is growing rapidly as more organizations are adopting project management approaches and are being involved in complex business chains. Recent industry studies by PMI, IPMA and CIPS reveal that salaries and career opportunities of such professionals are also increasing.
ENROLLMENT PROCESS (July 1-29, 2016)
Submit the required set of documents to the Admission Committee:
• Filled out application;
• Notarized copy of Higher Education Diploma (the original of the Diploma and Transcript);
• Two Letters of Recommendation in English (or with English translation) in a sealed;
• 6 photos of 3×4 cm;
• Identification Document (copy and original);
• Medical Reference №086-У;
• Copy of the Work Record Book or other document proof of employment history;
• Notarized copy of IELTS (6.0 or more) or receipt for Foreign Language test payment. This test is organized by the Ministry of Education and Science and usually is scheduled on Aug 10-15;
• Statement of Purpose in English (no more than 500 words).
STEP 2 Subject Examination / Interview
STEP 3 Admission of successful applicants
Ask us about the program
Please ask a question and we will call you back. Also more information could be found in "FAQ"