The Master of Science in Financial Analysis (MSF) program at the KBTU Business School prepares students for navigating and managing global financial markets. This will be accomplished by relying heavily on the Chartered Financial Analyst Program curriculum of the CFA Institute. This body of knowledge which is constantly updated will insure that our MS in Financial Analysis program truly reflects relevant global best-practices. The curriculum is grounded in fundamental financial and economic principles and is designed to give our students deep knowledge and specialized skills in the field of investment and asset management.
The M.S. in Financial Analysis at KBTU Business School has been accepted into the CFA Institute University Recognition Program. This status is granted to institutions whose degree programs incorporate at least 70% of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK), which provide students with a solid grounding in the CBOK and positions them well to sit for the CFA exams.
ADVANTAGES OF MSF PROGRAM
• The only program in Kazakhstan and the whole region which has been recognized by the CFA Institute.
• The program is designed based on the CFA Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK) curriculum (10 competencies) that are recognized and widely used by most investment professionals throughout the world.
• Upon completion of the program, students will possess the complete skill set and knowledge allowing them to effectively prepare to pass all 3 levels of the CFA Exam and eventually obtain a CFA designation.
• The program is designed to prepare students for a successful career in various roles in the international financial arena.
• Language of Instruction: English
• Delivery Mode: Evening + full days on Saturdays (3 times a week)
• Duration: 15 Months
• Tuition fees: - MSF Foundation Program - 270 000 - 450 000 KZT
- MSF Program - 1 500 000 - 2 050 000 KZT *
• Admission:: July 1-29, 2016
• Starting date:: September 26, 2016
*Discounts are offered to KBTU graduates and Honor Holders / High GPA holders in finance major.
MSF DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
The Program mainly focuses on helping the students master the 10 knowledge areas that constitute the CFA Institute’s Candidate Body of Knowledge. The curriculum designed to help students obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities that investment experts worldwide have identified as essential best practice. The whole period of study consists of Foundation program and the MS in Financial Analysis Program itself. Specific course requirements are the following:
MSF Foundation Program Curriculum:
|Quantitative Methods in Finance I||1|
|Financial Statement Analysis I||1|
|Economics for Investment Decisions I||1|
|Corporate Finance I||1|
|Ethics and Professional Standards I||1|
|Equity Analysis & Valuation I||1|
|Fixed Income Instruments I||1|
|Derivatives & Alternative Investments I||1|
|Portfolio Management I||1|
MSF Program Curriculum:
|Research Work (Business Project / Thesis)||4|
|Comprehensive Exam (1 credit)||1|
|Business Project / Thesis Defense (3 credits)||3|
|Ethics and Professional Standards||3|
|Economics for Investment Decisions||3|
|Quantitative Methods in Finance||3|
|Financial Statement Analysis||3|
|Equity Analysis and Valuation||3|
|Fixed Income Instruments||3|
|Derivatives and Alternative Investments||3|
Internship, Business Project / Thesis and Comprehensive Exam
An Internship and a Business Project / Thesis related to the specialization is required.
|Research Work (Thesis)||1|
STEP 1: Submit the required documents to KBTU Business School (July 1-29, 2016)
• Filled out application;
• Notarized copy of Higher Education Diploma (the original of the Diploma and Transcript);
• Recommendation letter;
• Motivation letter;
• 6 photos 3x4;
• Identification Document (copy and original);
• Medical Reference №086-У;
• Copy of the Work Record Book or other document proof of employment history (if applicable);
• Notarized copy of IELTS (6.0 or more) Certificate (if applicable).
STEP 2: Main subject examination.(Aug 10 - 25, 2016)
STEP 3: Successfully pass the “Foundation” courses. (Sept 22 – Nov 15, 2016)
The CFA (Сhartered Financial Analyst)credential has become the most respected and recognized investment designation in the world. The CFA Program curriculum covers concepts and skills candidates will use at all stages of a career, bridging academic theory, current industry practice, and ethical and professional standards to provide a strong foundation of advanced investment analysis and real-world portfolio management skills. The Program is organized into three levels, each culminating in a six-hour exam. CFA Program candidates report dedicating in excess of 300 hours of study per level. Completing the entire Program is a significant challenge that takes most candidates between two and five years.
CFA Institute is the global association of investment professionals that sets the standard for professional excellence and administers the industry gold standard CFA charter. The organization is a champion for ethical behavior in investment markets and a respected source of knowledge in the global financial community. The end goal is to create an environment where investors’ interests come first, markets function at their best, and economies grow. CFA Institute has more than 110,000 members in 139 countries and territories, including 100,000 CFA charter holders. For more information, visit - www.cfainstitute.org