The M.S. in Financial Analysis program at the KBTU Business School is the first and only finance master's program in Central Asia officially recognized by the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute, USA. The program's curriculum is grounded in fundamental financial and economic principles and designed to give students deep knowledge and specialized skills in the field of investment and asset management.
ADVANTAGES OF MSF PROGRAM
• The only program in Kazakhstan and Central Asia officially recognized by the CFA Institute, USA: www.cfainstitute.org/community/university/Pages/recognition program_for_universities.aspx
• The program is based on the CFA Candidate Body of Knowledge curriculum and ten finance competencies that are recognized and widely used by investment professionals globally.
•Upon completion of the program, students will earn a government approved Master's Degree in Financial Analysis and will possess the complete set of skills and knowledge necessary to effectively prepare to pass all three levels of the CFA Exam to obtain the CFA designation, which has become the most respected and recognized investment credential in the world.
BLOOMBERG FINANCIAL LAB• KBTU was the first university in Kazakhstan to install Bloomberg Professional, a global platform for real-time data and analytics used worldwide by financial professionals in banks, investment companies and corporate departments.
• The Bloomberg Financial Lab’s main goal is to help our students, faculty and researchers advance using real-life cases, actual data and advanced analytics on global financial markets, macroeconomics, and the world's corporate base.
• The cutting-edge capabilities of the Bloomberg Financial Lab help us prepare uniquely trained specialists and researchers ready to succeed in the variety of fields from banking to logistics to engineering.
• Language of Instruction: English
• Duration: 15 Months
• Delivery Mode: Evenings + Saturdays (4 times a week)
• Starting date:: September 7, 2017
• Tuition fees: - Foundation program: 240 000 - 400 000 KZT*
- Degree program: 1 140 000 - 1 900 000 KZT*
• Admission:: July 1-29, 2016
* Grants and discounts are available to candidates with strong application and KBTU graduates / employees
*Discounts are offered to KBTU graduates and Honor Holders / High GPA holders in finance major.
MSF DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
The Program mainly focuses on helping the students master the 10 knowledge areas that constitute the CFA Institute’s Candidate Body of Knowledge. The curriculum designed to help students obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities that investment experts worldwide have identified as essential best practice. The whole period of study consists of Foundation program and the MS in Financial Analysis Program itself. Specific course requirements are the following:
MSF Foundation Program Curriculum*:
|Quantitative Methods in Finance I||1|
|Financial Statement Analysis I||1|
|Economics for Investment Decisions I||1|
|Corporate Finance I||1|
|Equity Analysis & Valuation I||1|
|Fixed Income Instruments I||1|
|Derivatives & Alternative Investments I||1|
|Portfolio Management I||1|
*Applicants who have passed CFA Level I are exempted from MSF Foundation Program
MSF Program Curriculum:
|Research Work (Business Project / Thesis)||4|
|Comprehensive Exam (1 credit)||1|
|Business Project / Thesis Defense (3 credits)||3|
|Ethics and Professional Standards||3|
|Economics for Investment Decisions||3|
|Quantitative Methods in Finance||3|
|Financial Statement Analysis||3|
|Equity Analysis and Valuation||3|
|Fixed Income Instruments||3|
Internship, Business Project / Thesis and Comprehensive Exam
An Internship and a Business Project / Thesis related to the specialization is required.
|Research Work (Thesis)||1|
STEP 1: Submit the required documents to KBTU Business School (July 1-29, 2017)
• Filled out application;
• Notarized copy of Higher Education Diploma (the original of the Diploma and Transcript);
• Recommendation letter;
• Motivation letter;
• 6 photos 3x4;
• Identification Document (copy and original);
• Medical Reference №086-У;
• Copy of the Work Record Book or other document proof of employment history (if applicable);
• Notarized copy of IELTS (6.0 or more) Certificate (if applicable).
STEP 2: Main subject examination.(Aug 10 - 25, 2017)
STEP 3: Successfully pass the “Foundation” courses. (September - November, 2017)
The CFA (Сhartered Financial Analyst)credential has become the most respected and recognized investment designation in the world. The CFA Program curriculum covers concepts and skills candidates will use at all stages of a career, bridging academic theory, current industry practice, and ethical and professional standards to provide a strong foundation of advanced investment analysis and real-world portfolio management skills. The Program is organized into three levels, each culminating in a six-hour exam. CFA Program candidates report dedicating in excess of 300 hours of study per level. Completing the entire Program is a significant challenge that takes most candidates between two and five years.
CFA Institute is the global association of investment professionals that sets the standard for professional excellence and administers the industry gold standard CFA charter. The organization is a champion for ethical behavior in investment markets and a respected source of knowledge in the global financial community. The end goal is to create an environment where investors’ interests come first, markets function at their best, and economies grow. CFA Institute has more than 110,000 members in 139 countries and territories, including 100,000 CFA charter holders. For more information, visit - www.cfainstitute.org
Ask us about the program
Please ask a question and we will call you back. Also more information could be found in "FAQ"