ABOUT OUR MBA PROGRAMS
The MBA programs of KBTU Business School are aimed at educating and preparing students for leadership positions. We encourage global vision and an understanding of transnational culture and develop students’ abilities to find creative and rational solutions to the challenges of doing business in today's complex interconnected world. Our graduates develop awareness of how to effectively manage businesses of any size from a start-up to the transnational corporation and implement strategies that lead their companies to success.
Our MBA programs are designed both for experienced practitioners aspiring to revitalize or change their careers and for young professionals aspiring to build their careers. The program is structured to provide students with advanced business knowledge in various functional areas, cutting-edge leadership and strategic-level decision making skills and specialized knowledge and skills.
ADVANTAGES OF KBTU MBA PROGRAMS• Curriculum with solid foundation and specialized knowledge
• International pool of faculty with high academic qualifications and professional experience
• Professional networking opportunities
• Study and work concurrently - integrating your experience and widening your business horizons
BLOOMBERG FINANCIAL LAB• KBTU was the first university in Kazakhstan to install Bloomberg Professional, a global platform for real-time data and analytics used worldwide by financial professionals in banks, investment companies and corporate departments.
• The Bloomberg Financial Lab’s main goal is to help our students, faculty and researchers advance using real-life cases, actual data and advanced analytics on global financial markets, macroeconomics, and the world's corporate base.
• The cutting-edge capabilities of the Bloomberg Financial Lab help us prepare uniquely trained specialists and researchers ready to succeed in the variety of fields from banking to logistics to engineering.
The MBA in Oil and Gas program focuses on understanding of the oil and gas industry and developing the specialized skills and knowledge necessary for a successful managerial career. The specialized areas of study include the Geopolitics of Oil and Gas, Oil and Gas Valuation and Oil and Gas Asset and Project Management.
MBA IN OIL AND GAS INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the successful completion of the MBA program, graduates will be able to:• Demonstrate a broad knowledge of the economics and politics of the oil and gas industry and the key role that the industry has played in shaping the economics and politics of the modern world;
• Apply an inter-disciplinary framework and practical measures for the strategic analysis, critical estimations and management of oil and gas assets in the oil and gas industry;
• Demonstrate understanding of the key principles, concepts and strategies of project management in the context of the oil and gas industry.
• Language of instruction: English
• Duration: 15 months
• Delivery mode::
- Distance Learning (in-person lectures if desired);
- 15 modules (12 months)
- Internship, Business Project and Comprehensive Exam (3 months)
• Starting date: September 4, 2017
• Tuition fee:(Full program) 1 500 000 - 2 500 000 KZT*
* Grants and discounts are available to candidates with strong application and KBTU graduates / employees
* Discounts are available to KBTU Graduates / Employees
|Introduction to Business Strategy||1|
|Human Resource Management||3|
|Financial Reporting and Management Control||4|
|Business Research Methods||3|
|Globalization and Strategic Competitiveness (licensed from Harvard)||4|
Oil and Gas Specialization Courses
|Geopolitics of Oil and Gas||3|
|Oil and Gas Asset Managemen||3|
|Oil and Gas Project Management||3|
|Oil and Gas Valuation||3|
Internship, Business Project / Thesis and Comprehensive Exam
An Internship and a Business Project / Thesis related to the specialization is required.
|Research Work (Business Project / Thesis)||4|
|Business Project / Thesis Defense||3|
STEP 1: Submit the required documents to KBTU Business School (July 1 - 31, 2017)
• Filled out application;
• Notarized copy of Higher Education Diploma (the original of the Diploma and Transcript);
• Recommendation letter;
• Motivation letter;
• 6 photos 3x4;
• Identification Document (copy and original);
• Medical Reference №086-У;
• Copy of the Work Record Book or other document proof of employment history (if applicable);
• Notarized copy of IELTS (6.0 or more) Certificate (if applicable).
STEP 2: Main subject examination.(Aug 10 - 25, 2017)
Ask us about the program
Please ask a question and we will call you back. Also more information could be found in "FAQ"