The Center of Competence on Information Technologies (CCIT) is created for its work in the field of information technologies. 1.2 In its activity the Center submits to Vice Rector for Academic and Information Technologies.
The Center is guided by:
- the Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- laws in force of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- the Charter of the university;
- the Policy and Purposes of JSC KBTU in the field of quality assurance;
- the orders on KBTU and other standard documents on quality assurance (QA) of the university;
- regulations of JSC KBTU;
- current Provision and other formal documents of KBTU.
The main objectives
- Development of KBTU policy and strategy in the field of information technologies.
- An assessment of KBTU information technologies on their compliance to modern requirements of world information technologies.
- Drawing up and calculation of the budget and estimation of expenses for the development of information technologies that should be signed by the management of KBTU.
- Introduction of new information technologies in educational and business processes of KBTU.
- Technical and system service of KBTU equipment (quick service, stationary repair of personal computers and office equipment).
- Development of the area for highly productive computer calculations in KBTU.
- Introduction of supercomputer technologies.
- Search of sources for financing fundamental, applied and innovative research on information technologies.
- Development of fundamental, applied and innovative research on information technologies.
- Involvement of KBTU students in research work for the purpose of training specialists in the field of information technologies.
- Building relationships with higher educational institutions, scientific centers, oil and gas companies and other organizations of the Republic of Kazakhstan and other countries for the purpose of cooperation in the area of scientific, research and production activity on the basis of information and supercomputer technologies.
- Development of KBTU educational activity for students and experts within the organization of certified training from developers and producers of Information Technologies (IT).
- Formation of a portfolio on certified training.
- Formation of the budget and estimates on carrying out certified training.
- Organization of certified training.
- Developing and implementing strategic programs on informatization of KBTU and carrying out unified technical policy in the field of acquiring and operating technical software of personal computer and computer networks.
- Generating ideas and offers on the need of developing or acquiring of ready software products that are necessary for automation of educational and other business processes of KBTU and presenting them to the management of KBTU.
- Information support of KBTU users.
- Technical support of KBTU users.
- Technical implementation of strategic programs on informatization of KBTU and implementation of unified technical policy in the field of acquiring and operating technical software of personal computer and computer networks.
- Development of KBTU in the field of high-performance computer calculations.
- Interaction with the University divisions on the issues of information technologies.
- Organizing and carrying out scientific research, scientific and methodical and experimental work in the field of information technologies.
- Work on building and fostering long-term relationships with oil and gas companies and power complexes, educational institutions and other companies and organizations including international cooperation in the field of scientific and production activity on the basis of information technologies.
- Participation in the organization of events on the advancement of scientific research of the university.
- Development of educational activity of KBTU for students and experts within the organizations of certified training from IT developers and producers.
- Carrying out the analysis on relevance, requirements and assessment of efficiency on carrying out certified training from IT developers and producers presented on the market of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Coordination with the management of KBTU:
- a portfolio of certified training;
- the budget and estimates on carrying out certified training;
Preparation and placement of thematic articles, press releases and others advertizing and PR - materials in mass media, and participation in thematic exhibitions, conferences, seminars, symposiums etc. and interaction and building relationships with IT developers and producers, mass media, governmental institutions and companies, potential listeners.
- To carry out the activity on the basis of the standards on using computer equipment.
- To make offers on improvement of CCIT structure.
- To come up with proposals on signing and implementing contracts and agreements for carrying out scientific, research and designing work.
- To represent offers on developing and strengthening scientific, material and technical base of the university.
- To analyze, coordinate and submit offers on creating temporary research teams, research and production, innovative and implementation divisions at KBTU.
- To request and receive data on time from structural divisions of the university necessary for performing tasks assigned to the Center.
- To correspond on the issues that are in competence of the Center.
- To present issues in accordance with KBTU established procedure relating to the competences of the Center: in relationship with government authorities, enterprises, organizations and institutions.
- To participate in discussion and solution of the major issues regarding the activity of the Center and the university.
- To carry out educational and industrial activity according to approved prospects and annual plans of the Center.
- Assignment of empowerment that is not connected with the activity of the Center provided by current Provision is not allowed.
Empowerment of the Center
The Center bears its responsibility for an appropriate performance of tasks and functions assigned by current Provision that include:
- quality of work according to current Provision;
- correctness and completeness of using granted rights;
- performing tasks regarding quality assurance and requirements of documentation on quality assurance;
- notification of KBTU management about the performance of assigned functions;
Staff of the Center bear their responsibility for damage caused to the university (which has occurred on their fault) in accordance with the "Labor Law" of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Interaction with other structural divisions of KBTU
There are the following activities of the Center:
- cooperating with other structural divisions of the university and providing them with necessary information;
- analyzing drafts of corresponding normative documents on issues of the Center activity and agreeing with the management of structural divisions and the university in general;
- in coordination with the management of the University the Center involves workers of structural divisions of KBTU for the implementation of necessary actions, organized/carried out by the Center and that demand a participation of other structural divisions.